What if children are far more capable than we’ve ever imagined?
Acton Academy Sioux Falls is an innovative, mixed-age learner-driven school serving ages 4-15.
What Makes Acton Sioux Falls So Different?
Learn to Know (memorization and tests)
Grouped by age/rows of desks
Authority figures and rules
Acton Sioux Falls
Learn to Be, Learn to Do (Hero's Journey and Quests)
Self-governance, contracts, and peer accountability
Mastery learning. Learners in charge of their own learning
Socratic method guiding (answering questions with a question)
SMART Goals, Eagle Bucks, Weekly Points, Badges, 360 Peer Reviews, Online Journey Tracker
At Acton Academy Sioux Falls, your child will:
- Begin a Hero's Journey
- Learn to be a curious, independent, lifelong learner
- Discover his or her most precious gifts and learn to use them to solve difficult problems
- Understand the importance of strong character
- Value a healthy lifestyle of mind and body
- Cherish the arts, wonders of the physical world and the mysteries of life on Earth
- Develop a deep respect for economic, political and religious freedoms
The Joy of Learning at Acton
We believe that learning to learn, learning to do, and learning to be are far more important than merely learning to know.
Learn to Learn
Socratic Discussions and self-paced challenges equip children to be independent lifelong learners.
Learn to Do
Hands-on Quests for Science, Entrepreneurship and the Arts prepare children for Apprenticeships and real world challenges.
Learn To Be
The Hero’s Journey, relational covenants and real world consequences transform difficult decisions into virtuous habits.