Our Studios are designed to create flexible spaces for work, learning, and play. They are tight-knit communities of mixed-age children who support each other and collaborate daily.
Children work together to create rules for the space. Some areas might be off limits for play, while others are more flexible. Ultimately, the learners come together to agree to those ground rules and promises—all based on a key promise to not distract themselves or each other during times of work.
A primary goal in our Studios is to guide learners in their development of social and problem-solving skills.
Experience A Day In The Life At An Acton Academy Studio
At our Spark Studio we lay the foundation for the joy of learning. Our well-balanced educational experience ignites curiosity, creativity, and the ability to ask good questions.
- Young heroes start their journey towards mastery of tools, skills and character by working on acquiring small habits.
- Learners use hands-on materials as well as adaptive technology to build a strong foundation of core skills.
- Learners come together to develop life skills and character while having ample opportunities for collaboration, exploration, and free play.
Enrollment Open for Fall 2021
Young people in the Elementary Studio begin to embark into the real world, with the thrilling opportunities and responsibility that come with it. We encourage our young heroes to tap into their unique genius and continue building real-world skills.
- The Elementary Studio offers a higher level of freedom, as well as a safe place to learn new skills and put them to the test, failing early, cheaply and often.
- Our Quests and Socratic discussions put a strong emphasis on creative and critical thinking.
- Students learn how to set goals, work collaboratively, and love learning, while also helping and being helped by their friends in the Studio.
Middle School Studio
Our Middle School students are encouraged to take control of their education and challenge themselves. Each of them is focusing on a passion, learning at his or her own pace, mastering core skills while learning 21st century skills through real world projects.
- Work on difficult real-world Quests. Learn to calculate, write and think more deeply.
- As you develop a positive self-identity surrounded by friends who will support you.
- Through exploring gifts, passions and apprenticeships so you can change the world.
What does a school year look like at Acton?
Hi, I'm Aaron Johnson. 👋
I'm Co-Founder & Head of School at Acton Academy Sioux Falls
We are now enrolling: